Skip to main content

This post has been updated for 2021

Are you looking for new recipes to try this month? I’ve got you covered. I came up with a list of 10 crockpot recipes that are super easy to throw together in the morning. If you’re motivated, you can even prep and freeze all of them this weekend (free shopping list below!).

We’re in the midst of birthday season over here. One of our daughters had a birthday in October, and we have another in November, December, and January. I guess I better start planning ahead for the holidays.

To keep our dinners simple, I put together a list of 10 easy and healthy crockpot recipes that we love.

What’s so great about these recipes?

• They’re healthy. (Most of them include seasonal veggies like carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, leafy greens, or sweet potatoes.)
  • They can be frozen without any cooking ahead of time. That means they’re very quick and easy to prep and cook for the first time later. (No “leftover” taste.)
  • They’re delicious! (I tried all of them myself.)

10 Healthy Freezer Crockpot Meals to Make in November

1. Italian Chicken with Baby Spinach from the time I made 30 freezer meals from Costco
  2. Turkey and Black Bean Chili
  3. Mississippi Roast with Carrots and Sweet Potatoes (YUM)
  4. Korean BBQ Chicken from my Freezer Meal Cookbooks and shared for free below
  5. Beef and Cabbage Soup (even my husband likes this and he’s not a big cabbage guy)
  6. Italian Pork Roast
  7. Chicken Cauliflower Curry
  8. Zuppa Toscana with Sweet Potatoes
  9. Meatball Soup with Lots of Veggies (perfect detox after thanksgiving)
  10. Pork Roast with Cinnamon Applesauce

I tried all of these recipes myself, but they don’t all have their own blog posts, so click here for the free printable recipes and full shopping list:

CLICK HERE FOR THE FREE PRINTABLE RECIPES, SHOPPING LIST, AND MEAL PLANNING CALENDAR. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

If you look at the calendar above, you’ll see that I picked a “theme” for each day of the week and then found seasonal crockpot recipes that would match that theme.  (For example, Turkey Black Bean Chili on a “Soup/Chili Monday”.) I also included a variety of tastes and textures so we wouldn’t feel like we were eating the same thing everyday.

My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap the meals to fit your schedule, delete the meals you don’t want to make, etc.  I hope your November is full of family, fun, and good food, Friends!

Thoughts or questions?  Please leave a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I can.  I’d love to hear from you. XO, Kelly

29 Comments

• Alicia says:

Hi Kelly,
    How would you adapt your recipes for the Instant Pot pressure setting? Any ideas? Love you books and your recipes! Keep it up 🙂
    -Alicia

• Kelly McNelis says:

Thanks, Alicia! I’m still working on adapting my recipes. So far, I know that if they’re frozen they need to be sautéed in the instant pot for 5 minutes before cooking and the cooking time varies per recipe (35 for sliced beef, 35-40 for roasts, about 20 for cut chicken). Then you do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes followed by a quick release. I will share more info for each recipe once I master it!

• Hayden says:

Thanks for doing this each month. These plans are so helpful! I only see the calendar, but the recipes and shopping lists are missing.

• Kelly McNelis says:

Underneath the list of meals is an orange button that says, “Click here for the free printable recipes, shopping list, and meal planning calendar. No strings attached.” If you click that you can enter your email address and immediately download the freebies.

• Bree says:

Thank you for all of these meal plans! I am a working mom and I never have the energy to cook on weeknights. I used a lot of your Whole 30 meals last month with a lot of success! I just prepped these meals over the weekend to use in the Instant Pot (the slow cook function if I have my wits about me first thing in the morning). We had the Korean BBQ Chicken tonight. It was SO delicious. (I accidentally added 4 TB of brown sugar instead of 2, so it was a little sweeter than it’s intended to be!) My 22-month old, who has been very picky lately devoured the cabbage and actually ate some chicken.

• Sue says:

I love your recipes, meal plans and entire program. I know it is a huge amount of work – but I really miss the printable labels. I have prepared the meals and frozen them, then bundled as gifts for new moms – the labels make the entire gift look so “finished”. I always share your website and give you all the credit but thank you for making me look so good and thoughtful.

• Dorothy Foreman says:

Kelly, Just sent you a reply and added one of my email addresses, which I use primarily on my smart phone but for use on this tablet device I should have used the following bone instead:
    ric4man.17@gmail.com. sorry if I caused confusion. This is my husband’s tablet that he has given me to use since mine died and I find these tablets easier to than my smart phone use now that my eyesight is failing, larger print.
    Dorothy Foreman

• Elsi says:

Thanks for sharing recipes and meal plans month after month. I did notice that although you’ve changed your name to Family Freezer, the November PDF still says New Leaf Wellness.

• Emily Ranky says:

Home frosts are a great way to preserve foods for a long time without compromising their nutritional value. We all freeze meat and fish, offal and minced meat. More experienced hostesses with the help of freezing make preparations for the winter. In this case, in the course are a variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as greens.

Today, freezing for the winter is a convenient and economical alternative to all kinds of conservation, therefore, the procurement of food supplies by the method of freezing is becoming increasingly popular. Moreover, not everyone knows the benefits of this technique to the end.

• Stephanie Fredrick says:

Hi! I am not able to dowload the november recipies. It just freezes after I enter in my email address. Thank you!

• Hi! Can I ask what size of containers you used for the above picture. I was going to use 12oz, but wondering if it will overflow.. Thanks so much!!!

• Sarah Cole says:

We really loved the Italian chicken, however I found it was too watery to serve with noodles and ended up eating the leftovers with rice. (Which was good, but sometimes you just want some pasta!) I have another bag in my freezer and actually plan on cooking it tomorrow. Any advice on how to thicken it up so I can serve it over noodles? Thanks!

Side note, I recently found your site and I am IN LOVE. I even pre-ordered your hardback cookbook. I keep joking with all of my friends and colleagues that my new hobby is making freeze ahead crock pot meals and I usually end up sharing your website with them since they are interested too. Needless to say, we are hooked (and full of great food). Thanks again!

• Jayna henderson says:

Kelly, for some reason I am no longer receiving your monthly meals via email. I am a member. Please add me back to your mailing list. I love your recipes. Thank you.

• Paola says:

Hi, i’m from Italy, I’ve asked to my sister a crock-pot as gift for Christmas.
    I’m looking forward to used it! Meanwhile I’m reading something about it in the web and i’ve found this well done site. Very nice! When I’ll get my crock-pot I’ll try some receipes and I will let you know. I love your way to organize weekly meals. I’m trying to organize them too but with little success (I apologize for my English). Bye

• Lauren says:

I’m about to prep a bunch of meals (to get ready for baby) All the meals serve at least 6 it’s only me and my husband so I want to take each recipe and split in half and freeze only the portion that my husband and I would eat. (we don’t like leftovers— I know crazy) so how should I adjust to crockpot cooking time for that?

• Andrew McNelis says:

Kelly recommends splitting each recipe into two freezer bags and then cooking each bag in a smaller crockpot (2-4 quarts). It should still be 6-8 hours to cook.

• Lauren says:

Yeah I saw that but I’m wondering specifically if you can just shorten the cooking times in a larger pot.

• Kelly McNelis says:

It will depend on the exact recipe, but it will still take time to cook through the meat and soften the veggies (especially carrots and onions), so I’m worried about cooking so little food in a large crockpot. I don’t want the food to overcook or dry out.

• Lindsey says:

Your link to download all of 2018’s meal plans is not working. Any chance I can have it sent to me?

• s hilpert says:

I just want to say Thank you for your hard work, clear, easily followed shopping list and recipes. I just completed the gluten free freezer meals and we ate the first one. Wonderful. When i shared with friends, they are excited to try them as well.

• Brittany says:

I can’t find this November meal plan once I log into my account. I made the August meal plan a few months back and was able to save my favorites, as well as eliminate a couple of the meals that I knew my family wouldn’t eat before finalizing the grocery list and assembling them. How do I do that with these November meals?

• Kelly McNelis says:

It sounds like you are talking about the features of our Freezer Meal Pro membership site. You will meed to login there.

• Danielle says:

Hi, the Chicken Cauliflower Curry recipe doesn’t have any cauliflower in it 🙁

• Carlene Nichol says:

Just wondering the difference between your plans and the cook books? Also are the cook books divided into plans so the the grocery list are made?

I love how easy these are – just wanting the labels too!

• Kelly McNelis says:

Yes, each cookbook has its own grocery list and labels. I think the recipes are even better than the free ones on my blog.

• Amy Pousson-Noonan says:

Your recipes have saved my family some serious cash! We eat out so much less than we used to. With two of us, I can make a month worth of meals last close to 2 months. We eat them for dinner the first day and then get at least one or two lunches of leftovers out of each meal. The thing I love the most is how many vegetables you pack into each gallon bag and the fact that there’s very little in terms of pre-packaged “stuff” in them. Delicious, healthy, and my husband loves them. The carrots from the Mississippi Pot Roast are possibly the best carrots I’ve ever had!!

• Bre McQuillen says:

Love this idea! The recipes sound delicious and seem easy to make. I am curious about the freezer bags; can they be reused? Can the meals be made in glass freezer containers?